Tuesday, November 11, 2014

No good news....

Unfortunately, I have no good news to deliver as I hoped that I might. I took my test on Saturday, November 8 and it was negative. I took another one yesterday in hopes that I needed more time because I really felt "different" but no such luck. That is perfectly fine though!

So since the last time I posted, I have injected myself with my Ovidrel shot as directed by my doctor and had timed intercourse. I used my progesterone pills as directed by my doctor as well and tested on Saturday. Obviously this round didn't work. To say we were bummed would be an understatement. We were really hoping this would be the round because I felt so different this time around than last time.

The light at the end of the tunnel is that we can try again this month! Another set of good news is that hubby's work FINALLY got the insurance situation figured out! After 3 loooooong months of them fiddle-farting around with their computer errors and whatnot, we have finally been able to sign up for next year. I'm not sure if they will let us sign up for this year because of the whole policy where you need to sign up by day 31 of employment. If we aren't able to, my husband has sent an email to the lady who has been "working" on them problem and told her that we will be sending her all medical bills that would be covered by insurance from the date of eligibility to December 31 and expect full reimbursement. Since hubby's insurance covers infertility services, they would be reimbursing us for 3-4 rounds (depending on when it all falls or if I get pregnant) of infertility services, which is a nice chunk of change since we've been having to pay cash for all of it.... $1078/round, $6 for letrozole/round, $22-32 for Ovidrel/round, $108 prometrium/round, $113 for estridol/ 1 round (so far, I will most likely use it again this round).... That is right around $3,765.00 for three rounds (so this upcoming round is included in that)... I would love to get all or most of that back from his company for their mistake. And this doesn't even include my husband's most recent trip to the doctor where he was diagnosed with bronchitis and a sinus infection! The biggest problem that we have had through all of this is that the person who held the position prior to my husband, had no issues getting insurance and he had the same position and type (lower hourly pay) but all of a sudden when my husband got the position, there was some crazy issue with it all in the computer and the way they entered him in. I'm glad they got it fixed but we could have had all of this stuff covered had they just done it all properly or looked into it the first 5 times we asked why he wasn't eligible.

So back on track now (sorry for the rant!). I will be going in for my baseline ultrasound on Thursday and hope by then we will have insurance coverage and if not, then we'll just add it to his tab at work lol I really hope this round works! I think we have found a good combination of medication, a good dosage of the Letrozole and my body seems to be prepping itself for this to happen! I would love to be pregnant by Christmas! Should I get pregnant by Christmas, I could schedule the first heartbeat to be heard on my husband's birthday!! I would love to be able to have him hear the first heartbeat on his birthday... It would such a wonderful blessing, present and moment in our lives :-)

I have just found out that one of my dearest friends has PCOS and has dealt with it since she was a teenager. She is currently pregnant and due very soon. I am so elated to know that she has gone through the same struggle we have and it has been successful for her! God has a funny way of putting people into our lives at just the right moments, even though you don't realize it. He wanted us to be put together 4 years ago and create a special bond before we both began struggling with the same issue of infertility! God is so good!

I am hopeful that this works this time around! I am really excited and feel that this could be it! I have my baseline appointment on Thursday, November 13 (my grandma's birthday) to see if everything is ready to go to start round 3. Please pray for this appointment and my journey... I need all the help I can get!

You know what they say, the 3rd times a charm, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment