Monday, September 15, 2014

Ovidrel

Well ladies, I officially took the shot on Saturday morning. I tell you what, I was soooo freaked out because I don't do well with shots at all. I can do tattoos ad piercings (I have multiple of both) with no problem but shots are a whole different story!

So the syringe is tiny; there is maybe an inch of liquid in there. The needle is tiny as well (see below).










 

I laid down on my bed, swabbed my hip, measured the area where it needed to be pricked, pinched the skin and braced myself! It got in about one to two millimeters before I pulled it out because I was so freaked out by the pain of the prick! I talked myself back up and said "Megan, just do it already and get over it you big baby!" I just pinched again and stabbed in in (gently) then let go of the skin and released the plunger full of liquid into my subcutaneous layer. It wasn't bad at all.

I didn't have any crazy side effects. I didn't bleed at injection site, in fact you couldn't even tell I took the shot. I did however feel a slight pain in my abdomen on the right and left sides near my belly button when I laid on my stomach. I also noticed a slight tension on the muscles in my uterus that isn't normal for me. I also have a very sticky/thick cervical mucus. I guess of the side effects I experienced are what it would feel like if I had normal functioning but since I have never experienced that, it was all foreign and weird. Today I have felt more tightening in my uterus (this time its not just from touching the outside, it from cramping type tinges). My doctor told me these side effects are a good sign.

I took an ovulation test on Sunday morning (doctor told me it wasn't necessary but I needed to see if it was actually working) and my surge line was so dark it was crazy! I also took one again this morning and I still have two lines, but the second line is the same darkness as the baseline. I was so happy! It validated this whole process for me. It is actually working.

So of course, there is timed intercourse with this process (which we're not mad about hahaha) so hopefully with all of this treatment I'm getting, I will become pregnant! I have to begin the progesterone tablets (those were $103), vaginally two times a day. This is supposed to help strengthen my lining and help the fertilized egg to attach and stay there. It is also supposed to help prevent miscarriages.

I take my pregnancy test on the 28th so I will update when that happens to let you know if all of this has worked this time around! I am very hopeful and praying hard that this happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment